Sunday 23 May 2010

Doula (and more)

hey x

i know i aint been here for a while and i really wish that was not the case, so much has been going on, I sometimes find it difficult to find time for myself let alone time at the computor by myself!

Last week i attended a Birth and Postnatal Doula Course, it was fab, although i swear the rest of the group thought i was a little a) hippy b) a know it all and c) teachers pet (I had been to an Ina May Gaskin study day - something me and the tutor had in common) but it was still really worth while, I am now going for Doula UK regonition - so if you or anyone you know is having a baby please do bear me in mind! Heavily discounted rates untill end of September! :)

Back to Ina May Gaskin - I was fotunate enough to attend a study day with her as part of the NCT Big Weekend in Telford, it was fab, I came back extremly inspired and motivated and cant wait to start making things happen! Anyone that has not heard of Ina May Gaskin should GOOGLE HER! and if you have heard of her but not read her books you should! lol x Me and Adam were fortunate enough to talk to her on Sunday after she was interviewed by Davina Mcall (that was FAB) and she was lovely, though she did start talking to Adam about sphincter law (again - google!) which was a little odd, esp as i wasnt with him at the time!

I think thats brings you all uptodate in the events here is currie world - oh no, of course it doesnt ( i have a brain like a sieve!) saturday night we camped at laura's - we had such a good time, thank you guys for everything, we had a BBQ, bonfire (complete with popcorn and chocolate bananas) and homemade bread for breakfast! It was the first time we had pitched ur new tent, and it is great, we are now al prepared for 'The Mother Camp' next week.

I d believe thats it - well it might not be :s  but i'm afraid I have to go :(

see you soon

sj xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment