Thursday 12 May 2011

Are you crunchy?

e natural moms have a bunch of labels like hippie, granola, and even crunchy. Well, I get asked all the time what in the world crunchy means so I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Urban Dictionary online has a definition for crunchy mama.




Crunchy Mama:



Mother who supports homebirth, breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, gentle discipline, etc. One who questions established medical authority; tends to be vegetarian and/or prepare all-organic foods. See crunchy and hippie.



So by this definition are you a crunchy mama?

or like me are you more crunchy than most but not quite there? xx

1 comment:

  1. for me the question is do I want to be a 'crunchy' mama? or an 'ap' mama? or a 'mainstream' mama? I hate labels and the idea of being put in a box. I hate feeling I have to tick so many boxes to fit in the club. For me parenting is about finding your own path, making the choices you want that affect your family. The whole reason we dont parent conventionally is because I feel most of it should be based on instinct and not a list of rules in a book. So nope lol, I'm not crunchy - Im just a Mama ;)

    ReplyDelete